Friday, October 1, 2010

Yesterday my husband and I took some well needed vacation time and spent the day at Edwards Apple Orchard up in Popular Grove, Il. We have been going here for 24 years now, my kids have so many wonderful memories of our days spend there picking pumpins, taking hay or pony rides, playing in the hay and corn maze feeding the animals, etc. My sons were really upset that we were going on a school day and they could not come with....

My house smells of fresh apples and cheese. I was so motivated when we came home that I baked apple muffins and apple crisp.... YUMMY! thanks to my sons all is gone...

Naturally my apple picking day motivated me to make this Apple Harvest Card for a couple of challenges. the digi is by Deedee at Deedee's Digis, (Check her badge on my right,). I altered the digi by removing the pig, then colored it with copics, the DP is by BG Stella Ruby, punch is by EK success, all else is from my pile of goodies.

Following Challenges: Deedee's Digis: Harvest Theme
Simon Says: Inspiration from Fall Photo
Basic Grey: Sketch

1 comment:

  1. Oh it sounds like you had such a MARVELOUS day with your husband, Linda -- what a blessing. You made such a lovely card to commemorate your special day. Love the way you colored the barrel of apples, and warm fall feel this has. Thanks so much for taking some time to play in our challenge this week -- it's much appreciated, sweetie! Hugs, Deedee

    ReplyDelete